LOCATION: Comal Heritage Food Incubator - 3455 Ringsby Ct
PAST DATES AND TIMES
- Wednesday, Jan 17, 2018 6:30–8:30pm
Ticket sales from five-course gourmet dinner benefit Focus Points Family Resource Center and Prodigy Coffeehouse
Comal Heritage Food Incubator, the restaurant and learning-while-earning program that employs culinary entrepreneurs in the RiNo (River North Art District) neighborhood, will launch monthly charitable Impact Dinners on January 17, 2018 at 6:30 p.m. Each month, Comal will offer a special, elevated pairing menu for one night only. A limited number of tickets for January’s exclusive event are now available at ComalImpactDinner1.Eventbrite.com.
Starting January 17, on the third Wednesday of the month, Comal Executive Chef Tim Bender will team up with a guest chef to create an inventive five-course meal with wine pairings for $65 per person. Proceeds from each dinner will benefit Focus Points Family Resource Center, the non-profit behind Comal, and another likeminded organization within the community. For January’s Impact Dinner, Prodigy Coffeehouse is the partner organization and the guest chef is Vian Alnidawi, a leader in Comal’s Syrian cohort.
“By expanding our programming at Comal, we can provide our entrepreneurs with more diverse experience, and venturing into fine dining is the perfect next step for us,” said Slavica Park, Director of Economic Development at Focus Points Family Resource Center. “Also, we are incredibly excited to partner with likeminded organizations and to raise funds for many deserving causes within the community, in addition to Comal.”
Comal’s monthly Impact Dinners will take place from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in its restaurant at Zeppelin Development’s TAXI Community (3455 Ringsby Court, Ste. #105, Denver, CO, 80216). January’s five-course dinner is all-inclusive featuring contemporary American cuisine with Middle Eastern and Greek twists, as well as wine pairings. The full menu will include:
- Amuse Bouche: Consomme ala Royale, a Middle Eastern-spiced crème topped with Halal chicken.
- First Course: Baby beets over local hydroponic greens with local cheese.
- Second Course: Hudson Valley Foie Gras accented by blood orange, served with house-baked bread.
- Third Course: Squid Ink Agnolotti with Spanish octopus, local herbs and preserved lime.
- Fourth Course: Halal Colorado Lamb with mint, curry and homemade yogurt.
- Dessert: Colorado Apple Cider-poached pear in filo with roasted pear ice cream and ginger.