EVENT CATEGORY: Call For Artists
UPCOMING DATES AND TIMES
- Mon, Sep 7, 2020 - Fri, Dec 18, 2020
The Somos (We are) Project. Domestic violence within society and the Latinx Community continues to be an unspoken topic. This art exhibit will bring awareness to violence against women and the resilient survivors. This art exhibit is with the Latina SafeHouse and Guest Curator Carina Bañuelos-Harrison of Art and Color.
Artists chosen will be asked to participate in conversation meetings with domestic violence survivors in order to help bring awareness when creating work for this exhibit. The exhibit aims to highlight awareness of domestic violence statistics that exists in the Latinx community.
Artwork submissions may include but are not limited to: Performance art, dance, music, painting, drawing, photography, screen print, lithography, and book-arts, 2D/ 3D works.
When applying please include the following:
- 4 examples of past work
- Artist Statement
- Link to Website or other social media outlets
- Answer to five Questions (below)
- Preliminary idea for exhibit piece
Please answer the following questions when sending in your request for Artwork Submission.
- How would you define la fuerza de la mujer Latina?
- Why are you passionate about this project?
- What is something you can do in the Latinx community to help with the issue of domestic violence?
- If selected to be a part of this exhibit would you be willing to meet with Latinx members of Latina SafeHouse group Las Comadres Unidas to discuss important issues that focus on addressing unresolved trauma, anxiety, and depression resulting from domestic violence?
- Would you like to have your artwork be in honor of someone (i.e. a domestic violence- survivor, family member, a specific member of Las Comadres Unidas, etc.)?
If selected, artists will be given the choice to sell their art work and donate a portion of the proceeds to Latina Safehouse. Let us know if you would be interested in this option?
861 Santa Fe Drive, Denver, CO 80204