Art RiNo Expands to Feature Art in All its Forms with Murals, Music, Installations, Arts Workshops & Special Events, plus Partnership with Westword Music Showcase
Coming to the district Sept. 5-11, 2022
“Over the past year, we’ve been focused on providing opportunities for underrepresented artists through our monthly RiNo Mural Program, and while we’re thrilled with the results of that program, we heard from both our artist community and our members that there was a strong desire to bring everyone together to highlight the exciting art happening here in Denver,” said Tracy Weil, Co-Founder and Executive Director of RiNo Art District. “RiNo has become an epicenter for artistic expression in all its many forms – from visual arts to theater and music – and the time was right for a new large-scale arts festival to celebrate that. Art RiNo will focus on partnerships and feature diverse local, national and international artists for a week of art, music, events, workshops and more, with programming for all ages. This is a festival for everybody.”
Throughout the week, there will be a full schedule of events centered around different forms of art, including:
- MURALS: Six murals created by local, national and international artists on six different walls, beginning on Monday, Sept. 5. Artists to be announced soon!
- MUSIC: As part of the weeklong celebration of art in all its forms, RiNo is partnering with Westword to bring the 2022 Westword Music Showcase, which will take place Sept. 9-10 with live music from a variety of local artists at Larimer Lounge, Bierstadt Lagerhaus, Reelworks, Tracks, Ironton Distillery, Number Thirty Eight and more venues across the Art District, and soon-to-be-announced national acts at the Mission Ballroom Outdoors.
- LUMINADE: A partnership with IRL Arts will feature an in-person celebration of new light installations at the Promenade at ArtPark at 35th and Arkins Court on May 9, 10 and 11.
- WORKSHOPS: Family-focused workshops and events hosted throughout the Art District from Wednesday, Sept. 7- Sunday, Sept. 11.
- ARTPARK: RiNo will host a fundraiser on Thursday, Sept. 8, featuring live music, art installations and more to benefit the next phase of development for the community hub.
"Over the last three decades, the Westword Music Showcase has been in LoDo, the Golden Triangle and now RiNo -- the best fit yet, given its emphasis on cultural growth,” said Scott Tobias, Publisher of Westword. “With the Mission Ballroom and the concentration of venues in the area, we saw a great opportunity to magnify the impact of the Westword Music Showcase through a partnership with the RiNo Art District. We share RiNo's goal of raising awareness for the incredible creative activities happening in Denver, and adding national art and music acts to the mix helps draw new audiences while also focusing attention on homegrown talent."