LOCATION: The Walnut Room - 3131 Walnut St
Main Calendar | Public Meetings
PAST DATES AND TIMES
- Thursday, Jan 12, 2017 5:30–7:30pm
PROJECT OPEN HOUSE for property owners and business owners along Walnut St.
The Walnut Street corridor and the surrounding area is changing rapidly with more people driving, walking, and cycling through the area each day. Walnut Street has few sidewalks and defined parking areas. This creates a situation where safety is a challenge, because those traveling along Walnut Street do not know what to expect.
- VISIBILITY - Pedestrians must walk behind parked vehicles.
- SPEED – Traffic moves rapidly along the corridor.
- SAFE SPACE - Delivery trucks must block traffic or utilize parking/pedestrian spaces.
- PARKING – Visitors to the area may be unaware where they can legally park.
The Walnut Street Corridor Improvements Project is working to define space for pedestrians and vehicles along Walnut Street from Broadway to 36th Street. This project will create a more predictable environment for all those traveling along the corridor.
5:30pm to 7:30pm (6:00pm to 6:30pm - overview presentation)
Please come at your leisure to talk with staff, learn more about the project, and express your thoughts.