Check here for construction updates, road closures and other district alerts including NDCC and Denver Public Works updates. In addition, public meetings are posted here: Engage
Visit Navigate North Denver to see current detours and recommended routes!
Use the App for the Blake Street Natural Gas Project (and see updates below).
Visit the CDOT website for more information on the Central 70 Project and sign up for construction updates.
Visit the City of Denver website for more information on the 27th Street Storm Drain
For more on the 39th Ave Greenway & Open Channel project and to get construction updates, visit 39thAveGreenway.org - Notice of Water Service Interruption on Saturday, June 15 for 3980 Franklin and locations along E 39th Ave and Gilpin St
- BLAKE ST NATURAL GAS PROJECT
For the week of June 3, 2019, construction activities will include:
- Blake Street, between Broadway and 26th Street: Crews will continue to install the natural gas line in this area. During these activities, temporary lane closures and parking restrictions will occur. Northbound Blake Street traffic will be restricted in this area, and southbound Blake Street traffic will have to turn right onto Broadway at the Blake Street and Broadway intersection. Through northbound and southbound Blake Street traffic should follow posted detours. These activities will continue into mid-June 2019.
- Broadway at Blake Street: Crews will continue to work within this area. As crews work within this area, lane closures will occur, and traffic will be shifted to accommodate construction activities. Through traffic will continue to be allowed in this area. These activities will continue into mid-June 2019.
- Blake Street, between 24th Street and Broadway: Crews will continue to install the natural gas line in this area. During construction, one lane of traffic will be closed. Parking restrictions will occur in this area during construction. These activities will continue through June 2019.
- Blake Street, between 28th and 29th streets: Crews will continue excavating the roadway and installing the natural gas line in this area. During construction, one-way southbound traffic on Blake Street will be allowed, and northbound Blake Street traffic should follow posted detours. Street parking will be restricted within the construction work area. These activities are expected to continue through mid-June 2019.
- BRIGHTON BLVD CORRIDOR
The Brighton Boulevard Redevelopment Project will design and construct critical public infrastructure (e.g. cycle track, sidewalks, curb/gutter, on-street parking and more) on Brighton Boulevard, helping establish Brighton Boulevard as a gateway to Denver.
See weekly updates and sign up for email notifications.
If you have questions, please contact 3-1-1.
Brighton Blvd Travel Update:
- Visit Navigate North Denver to see current detours and recommended routes!
- See construction updates on the National Western Center project site
Attention Brighton Boulevard Property Owners: With construction wrapping up between 29th and 44th streets, please remember to maintain snow removal on your property during winter weather.
For Central 70 construction information, please visit their website and sign up to receive weekly construction updates
Ongoing traffic impacts
- 40th Street closed from Brighton to Wynkoop Street
47th Ave to Race Court — National Western Center
Partial closure on Brighton Boulevard at 48th Avenue while crews install a new sanitary sewer pipe.
- Northbound traffic open to traffic
- Southbound Brighton traffic detoured to Race Court.
- Local traffic only. Local business access will be maintained. Please follow detour and directional signage during this activity. The anticipated duration to complete these activities has been estimated at a 4-month duration. This schedule is weather dependent.
Bicyclists and pedestrians: For your safety, please cross the street at signalized intersections.
For bicyclists, alternate routes are recommended between 47th Avenue and Race Court; use 48th or 49th avenues, or High or York streets.
Intermittent lane closures and restrictions will continue to be in place throughout the corridor in both directions during working hours. All work is weather dependent and subject to change.
Business access will be maintained on both sides of Brighton Boulevard.
- WALNUT ST CORRIDOR IMPROVEMENTS
The Walnut Street Corridor Improvement project is headed by Denver Public Works and the North Denver Cornerstone Collaborative (NDCC) and is one of several City projects underway that are building a better, greener, and more connected North Denver. Initial improvements will be installed in Summer of 2017. Following these enhancements, the city will begin a study of the entire roadway to determine long-term needs along this changing corridor.
Phase 2 — Beginning Fall 2017
The city will launch a full study of traffic conditions to determine the complete needs for Walnut Street along this stretch, including a possible two-way conversion. We will consider residential and commercial demand on the roadway as well as future development.
Phase 1 — Winter 2016 to Summer 2017
Install “curb stops” to define parking and walking spaces from Broadway to 36th Street. These dividers are similar to the concrete blocks cars park against in parking lots. They are typically rectangular in shape and made of hard plastic or other material.
January 2017 - 60% plans (PDF)
For more information on the Walnut Street Corridor Improvements please contact:
Michael Koslow, P.E.
City and County of Denver
National Western Center Updates:
Text the word CONSTRUCTION (for English) or CONSTRUCCION (for Spanish) to 64600
See construction information on the National Western Center project site