Check here for construction updates, road closures and other district alerts including NDCC and Denver Public Works updates. In addition, public meetings are posted here: Engage
Visit Navigate North Denver to see current detours and recommended routes!
Visit the CDOT website for more information on the Central 70 Project and sign up for construction updates.
Visit the City of Denver website for more information on the 39th Ave Greenway & Open Channel Project including the 11 month street closure of Williams Street at 39th Avenue beginning July 1 (Detour Map PDF)
Visit the City of Denver website for more information on the 27th Street Storm Drain Project
- BLAKE ST NATURAL GAS PROJECT
Subscribe HERE to receive email updates.
During the week of Oct. 21, 2019, minor construction activities will occur as part of the planning process for the 2020 natural gas line installation activities. The preconstruction activities will include:
- Partial, rolling closures on Blake Street, between 31st and 32nd streets and between 36th and Downing streets. These partial closures will take place to perform potholing in the roadway to verify underground utility locations by visually exposing them and recording their positions. This potholing process allows us to finalize engineering designs and develop construction plans for work in 2020. Crews may work in both locations at the same time. The traffic control measures will adjust to align with daily activities. Sites within this area will remain accessible, and street parking restrictions will occur. Potholing activities will continue through October 2019.
Xcel Energy will have traffic control in place during construction activities. Area commuters, pedestrians and cyclists should expect traffic flaggers, construction traffic and potential delays when navigating through the work areas. For your safety and the safety of the crews, please follow all posted detour signs and directions from construction personnel.
Xcel Energy is replacing existing natural gas lines in Denver for the Blake Street Natural Gas Project. This infrastructure replacement project is being constructed as part of our commitment to system revitalization, allowing us to continue to provide the safe, reliable natural gas service our customers expect.
Xcel Energy thanks you for your patience during construction, and we apologize in advance for construction inconveniences.
- BRIGHTON BLVD CORRIDOR
The Brighton Boulevard Redevelopment Project will design and construct critical public infrastructure (e.g. cycle track, sidewalks, curb/gutter, on-street parking and more) on Brighton Boulevard, helping establish Brighton Boulevard as a gateway to Denver.
See weekly updates and sign up for email notifications.
If you have questions, please contact 3-1-1.
Brighton Blvd Travel Update:
- Visit Navigate North Denver to see current detours and recommended routes!
- See construction updates on the National Western Center project site
Attention Brighton Boulevard Property Owners: With construction wrapping up between 29th and 44th streets, please remember to maintain snow removal on your property during winter weather.
For Central 70 construction information, please visit their website and sign up to receive weekly construction updates
Ongoing traffic impacts
- 40th Street closed from Brighton to Wynkoop Street
47th Ave to Race Court — National Western Center
Partial closure on Brighton Boulevard at 48th Avenue while crews install a new sanitary sewer pipe.
- Northbound traffic open to traffic
- Southbound Brighton traffic detoured to Race Court.
- Local traffic only. Local business access will be maintained. Please follow detour and directional signage during this activity. The anticipated duration to complete these activities has been estimated at a 4-month duration. This schedule is weather dependent.
Bicyclists and pedestrians: For your safety, please cross the street at signalized intersections.
For bicyclists, alternate routes are recommended between 47th Avenue and Race Court; use 48th or 49th avenues, or High or York streets.
Intermittent lane closures and restrictions will continue to be in place throughout the corridor in both directions during working hours. All work is weather dependent and subject to change.
Business access will be maintained on both sides of Brighton Boulevard.
- WALNUT ST CORRIDOR IMPROVEMENTS
The Walnut Street Corridor Improvement project is headed by Denver Public Works and the North Denver Cornerstone Collaborative (NDCC) and is one of several City projects underway that are building a better, greener, and more connected North Denver. Initial improvements will be installed in Summer of 2017. Following these enhancements, the city will begin a study of the entire roadway to determine long-term needs along this changing corridor.
Phase 2 — Beginning Fall 2017
The city will launch a full study of traffic conditions to determine the complete needs for Walnut Street along this stretch, including a possible two-way conversion. We will consider residential and commercial demand on the roadway as well as future development.
Phase 1 — Winter 2016 to Summer 2017
Install “curb stops” to define parking and walking spaces from Broadway to 36th Street. These dividers are similar to the concrete blocks cars park against in parking lots. They are typically rectangular in shape and made of hard plastic or other material.
January 2017 - 60% plans (PDF)
For more information on the Walnut Street Corridor Improvements please contact:
Michael Koslow, P.E.
City and County of Denver
National Western Center Updates:
Text the word CONSTRUCTION (for English) or CONSTRUCCION (for Spanish) to 64600
See construction information on the National Western Center project site