2400 Curtis St
Denver, CO 80205
PlatteForum is an award-winning 501(c)3 organization founded by Judy Anderson Mark Smith in 2002; a social justice driven arts, youth-development, and artist-in-residence program which partners youth (K-12) from historically marginalized communities with professional artists in intensive, structured, and long-term creative learning environments. Youth work side by side with professional artists to collaboratively plan, produce, and exhibit a body of work in an environment in which artistic excellence is highly valued.
Youth in PlatteForum’s programs dive into a variety of art forms, confronting challenges and obstacles and making life-changing discoveries about who they are, what they are capable of achieving, and where they belong in the world. Since 2009, 99.97% of ArtLab interns have graduated from high school (about half were the first in their family to do so), and 75% attended college after graduation.
As an artist community, PlatteForum supports the creation and presentation of new art and ideas by contemporary artists. By supporting both established and emerging artists, we are generating dialogue in the larger community about the role of the artist in society. Located in a rich urban context, as the anchor tenant of The Temple, our artist-centered residences are built upon the notion of engaging the broader community in the creation of new work, where artists, youth, and the public collaborate. Each resident artist becomes a catalyst for innovative and expanded thinking about what art is and can be.
Past Events at PlatteForum
- the bluest sky - exhibition reception Thursday, May 20, 2021
- Resident Artist Narkita Gold: Journey to Liberation and Black in Denver Thu, Mar 11, 2021 - Thu, Mar 25, 2021
- Open Call: Apply to be a Resident Artist at PlatteForum Fri, Jan 15, 2021 - Mon, Mar 15, 2021
- Immigrant Artist Mentoring Program: Denver Wed, Dec 16, 2020 - Tue, Jan 19, 2021
- To Muse the Labyrinth - Autumn T. Thomas and PlatteForum's ArtLab Interns Thu, Oct 15, 2020 - Thu, Dec 31, 2020