Sept. 22 – Oct. 3
We’re thrilled to be presenting the inaugural DENVER WALLS taking place Sept. 22 – Oct. 3 throughout RiNo Art District! This event will bring in renowned artists from around the globe, alongside local street art legends. Murals will be going up all over the District, and the DENVER WALLS team has an incredible lineup of programming to bring additional foot traffic to the District. In advance of the event, we want to let you know how we’re working to ensure a welcoming, safe and enjoyable experience for everyone. If you have any questions, please reach out to the following resources:
- For questions about waste removal: Sarah Carwse, firstname.lastname@example.org, Director of Urban Strategy & Design
- To report graffiti: DWGraffitiReport@gmail.com
- For additional City of Denver resources: Call 311
DENVER DAY WORKS:
Sept. 21: Denver Day Works will pre-clean the alleys (litter removal and sweeping) from 25th to 30th Streets between Walnut and Larimer Streets. If a large dumpster is obtained, we aim to remove large trash items from the alleys too.
Sept. 22 - Oct. 3: Denver Day Works will remove litter in the alleys from 25th to 30th Streets between Walnut and Larimer Streets. This will be done in the afternoon each day. Denver Day Works will also remove waste from the trash and recycling bins each day.
- ***Please Note: Litter removal will occur during each day of the event and continue two days after the event. Additionally, trash is normally removed five days a week, so additional work will include servicing the bins on the other days too.
Oct. 4: Denver Day Works will do a post-event evaluation of the spaces for graffiti removal in the afternoon at 2:00 p.m. and will then remove unwanted graffiti within 1-2 weeks after the event depending on the scope of work.
DENVER WALLS has partnered with the Denver Police Department to maintain safe spaces at each mural location, and off-duty DPD officers have been hired to patrol sites for a few hours during each night to mitigate potential vandalism.
GRAFFITI MITIGATION PLAN & REPORTING:
Between Sept. 22 – Oct. 3, the DENVER WALLS team will collect reports from the community to compile and forward to the Department of Transportation & Infrastructure (DOTI) each day. To report graffiti, directly email: DWGraffitiReport@gmail.com
- DENVER WALLS will have a volunteer coordinator checking this email each morning and compile a comprehensive report to keep things organized for the DOTI office.
LONG TERM MAINTENANCE:
RiNo Art District is committed to maintaining and cleaning murals created during DENVER WALLS week for 12 months post-event, per city permitting requirements.
- ***Please Note: Only some commissioned walls have contractual obligations to have protective coating put on to protect the murals.
We hope to see you at one of the many events planned throughout DENVER WALLS! (Full info at www.denverwalls.com)
TH 9/21 | DENVER WALLS Chats Tech in Street Art at the CO Motion Meetup
FRI 9/22 | DENVER WALLS Tech Opening: Ben Böhmer @ Mission Ballroom
SAT 9/23 | Welcoming Reception For DENVER WALLS
WED 9/27 | Tools For A Creative Life: DENVER WALLS Edition
TH 9/28 | SECRET WALLS Paint Battle
FRI 9/29 | Vantage Point Radio Group Show
SAT 9/30 | SECRET WALLS Academy
SAT 9/30 | DENVER WALLS Street Fair