2017 was a profound year—of listening, learning and acknowledging that fast-paced change is bringing both opportunities and challenges that are significant to our vast and varied stakeholders.
As we head into 2018, we are extraordinarily grateful for the leadership of our boards, members and partners and are equipping ourselves to take some bold steps to create some stability in the midst of swift change. Among the major initiatives we’ll be advancing in 2018:
- A rezoning of portions of the district that tie developer’s desires to increased density to increased requirements for affordable housing and commercial space that must be built in RiNo. A design overlay will ensure ground floor activation and thoughtfully-designed buildings.
- Significant investments in artist programming, affordable artist housing, and a unique new effort in which RiNo will take the lead in owning and providing affordable artist studios.
- Organized collaborations with our neighborhood leadership organizations – including Five Points, Elyria-Swansea, Globeville and Cole – to take actionable steps to address challenges arising from gentrification. Diveristy, social equity, and upward economic mobility will be at the heart of this work.
- A focus on innovative solutions to building an empowered community.
- Investments in advancing big impact infrastructure projects that are necessary to support pedestrian and bicycle mobility
- An emphasis on policy and advocacy for the district and our neighborhoods.
We invite you to join us in conversations about these matters and more at our monthly RiNo Talks (formerly, the RiNo Neighborhood Meetings) which take place the 2nd Thursday of each month from 5–7 PM. Thank you for your support in 2017, and for standing with us as we enter a bold new year!